Our Guide to Allentown, PA.
Allentown PA has many attributes. One of the most wonderful things is the sight of quiet revival architecture, and much of Allentown’s beauty comes from its vast array of historic homes and houses, commercial structures, and centuries-old industrial buildings. Many of the closed mills and manufacturing buildings have been modernized and converted by architects into apartments and lofts. Allentown, PA residents can travel to New York City or Philadelphia in about two hours.
The Buiding in America
The comfortable location of Allentown, the dedication to a balanced life, and the celebration of the arts make settling a perfect place for active citizens. What I love about this city is that it has its own unique identity and flair in every district of this town. It is the business district of Seventh Street, for example, features neighborhood living, local restaurants, and retail establishments.
At the West End is the theater district of Allentown, which includes a black box theater and a civic theater, several popular restaurants, local retailers, and an Arts Walk leading to the Allentown Art Museum and Baum Art School. Business, home of the PPL Center, where the Philadelphia Flyers hockey farm team, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, play, is the high boom in the Hamilton Street business district.
Where is Allentown, PA, exactly?
The Buiding in America
The location of this town is about 50 miles northwest of Philadelphia and 90 miles west of New York City, making it a popular business and leisure travel destination. The location of the Lehigh Valley International Airport is about three miles northeast of Allentown, providing direct service from several cities in Florida, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago-O’Hare, and Charlotte, Philadelphia. In other words, for every interest and age group, there are plenty of things to do, but it’s still small enough to navigate easily, but it‘s fast.
What does its ranks?
U.S. Analysis News evaluated 125 metro areas in the States to find the best places to live based on the quality of life and the job market in each metro area, as well as the importance of living there and the willingness of people to live there, Allentown, PA ranked past several top cities.
How much does it cost to live in Allentown, PA?
Apartment in Allentown PA
Interestingly, as I mentioned earlier, Allentown, PA, has 11.2 percent lower cost of living than the U.S. average home selling price, lower than other major U.S. metro areas. The average number of apartments and rental units is less than $1,000 per month. However, Allentown residents earn low than the average national wage.
Favorite things to see and do in Allentown
This is one of the unique cities for cultural attractions, museums, entertainment, and much more, and also, it was once an important manufacturing hub.
You can also visit Allentown, PA for exciting views like,
- The Allentown Art Museum. This museum offers tremendous variety and quality in its exhibitions, educational programs, and public events, serving about 100,000 visitors yearly. With more than 17,000 works of the art collection, it offers the opportunity to experience nearly 2,000 years of cultural heritage in an accessible, visitor-friendly environment.
- What about fun and educational experience for all ages. Each year Allentown Fair takes place in late August to early September. The fair was first held in 1852 and continues to have deep impacts on the farming traditions with which it started.
- Have you heard of Parks in Allentown? Allentown has an award-winning park system, which includes the West Park system. This beautiful park offers grassy areas, trails, a fountain, and a bandshell where during the Summer Concert Series; you can listen to various bands.
- Allentown Fairgrounds Farmers Market. The Farmers Market is a great place to get local produce and handcrafted products, or baked goods, fresh flowers, seafood, or vegetables. This farm market is on Allentown Fairgrounds, with more than 65 merchants. This means you’ll find what you need whenever.
- Searching for IronPigs at Lehigh Valley? IronPigs is from the popular “pig iron,” which was part of the process of steel production. It is home to the IronPigs of the Lehigh Valley, the famous minor league baseball team in the region, and the Philadelphia Phillies’ Triple-A affiliate.
What is the weather in Allentown, PA?
The most pleasant months in Allentown are September, June, and August, while the less comfortable months are January and February.
Allentown housing market
Home Appreciation in the last 12 months is up to 6.0 percent. In Allentown, the median home price is $133,100.
To get around Allentown, residents tend to rely on their cars. One of Allentown’s biggest benefits is that its highway system makes it easy to reach any part of the Lehigh Valley, because in Lehigh and Northampton counties and surrounding townships are the regions for many employment opportunities, which are less than 30 minutes drive.
So if you ask me, I’ll say that Allentown, PA, is really a beautiful place to reside and always kept clean. More than its low-cost benefits, living in multiple parks, including the exceptional Rose Garden and sports fields, is a peaceful city, and people love this place a lot. When you talk of the music there, it is so topnotch and truly something everyone would want to have a taste of. It is practically perfect for everyone. So count it all joy if you intend to visit this exciting city, and be rest assured you’ll find so much to explore in this town.